Step outside the university to apply your skills to real-world challenges
Apply to Join Us
The Oxford SDG Impact Lab is looking for graduate students from across all four University divisions that are passionate about creating a better future. We want individuals who appreciate the necessity for collaboration between differing stakeholders to create real and lasting impact.
The richness of ideas comes from the diversity of our cohort. The Lab is distinctive in its interdisciplinary approach bringing students together from across the University of Oxford divisions. It does not matter what your subject is, your background or your level of prior experience. We encourage any current Masters or PhD students to apply that are excited about collaborating to advance the SDGs.
To apply you must be:
- A current graduate student at the University of Oxford
- Open to learning in a fast-paced environment
- 100% committed to taking part in the programme
- Have a genuine interest in the UN SDGs
- Able to commit to the in-person training events
The Lab will be running two major programmes this academic year; the easyJet holidays Sustainable Tourism Programme and the BMW Group Plant Oxford Programme. There will be two separate application forms and selection processes. You can apply to both programmes, but you will need to submit separate applications for each. If you apply to both you will only be put forward for one interview process and there will therefore be an option to state if you have a preference.
The easyJet holidays Sustainable Tourism Programme is an exciting opportunity to effect real change in a hugely important industry. Building on the success of last year the Lab will be focusing on two complementary areas: Local Impact and Strategic Impact.
The BMW Group Plant Oxford Programme is a brilliant opportunity to work with one of Oxford’s largest employers. Those interested in this programme will be focusing on impacts in three areas: Climate, Colleagues and Community.
This was an innovative and extremely exciting programme that taught me an invaluable set of skills. It is an incredible opportunity for any graduate student wishing to go “beyond the university walls” and apply their knowledge and skills to real-world challenges.
- Laura Bellerini, SDG Impact Lab Fellow 2022
Being a part of the lab
Being part of the Lab
We understand that as a graduate student at the University you will have a degree that you are completing. However, we do also know from the success of our previous Fellows that the Lab is completely achievable alongside your existing commitments if you are motivated and organised. We have seen how much in-person attendance benefits all those involved and that it makes a real difference to the individuals involved as well as to the team-work and team-output.
- Weekly in-person seminar 5-7.30pm, on Mondays for easyJet holidays’ Fellows and on Tuesdays for BMW Fellows
- 11th and 12th Jan – Induction Days
- 12th Mar – easyJet holidays Challenge Workshop
- 13th Mar – BMW Challenge Workshop
- 20th Jun to 20th Jul – Field Labs
- 21st Jul-28th Jul – Report writing week
Applications for 2023 Fellowships are now closed. The selection process is underway.
We look forward to reading the application/s and wish you the best of luck.
If you are interested in the work of the Lab but are not participating in the fellowship scheme follow our social media for events that will be open to all.
Before you apply:
- You may apply for one or both of the programmes, but you will need to complete a separate application for each (it is fine if some of the answers are the same)
- You will need to complete the application using your University of Oxford Single Sign On (SSO)
- You cannot save answers and return to the form on the website, so we have provided Word document versions of the application questions so that you can prepare your answers and then copy them into the form for submission. Applications will only be accepted if they are submitted through the website. Please contact us if you have additional requirements that mean you cannot complete it online
- Have your CV & a headshot ready to upload
- Applications for 2023 fellowships are now closed